So here’s a megapost with lots of info. I’ll add things as people ask for them. These are all links to stuff I’ve posted before; I’m just collecting it all in one place as a reference for your Facebook fights.
- What exactly is Obamacare, and what does it change? - a lengthy explanation of what the ACA does and when.
- What women* have to gain from Obamacare
- A graphic on the main provisions of the healthcare law
- Stats on all the good things that have already happened since the ACA went into effect
- My baseline explanation of what “Obamacare” is, why people thought it was unconstitutional, and how it compares to car insurance
- A story from a woman named “Stephanie” who was dropped from her insurance because she got cancer, and an explanation of how most Americans actually support the provisions within the ACA, but don’t support it as a whole because of Republican attack ads
- A news story about that time the Founding Fathers signed a bunch of healthcare mandates into law
- A chart showing how many young people have been unable to get health care because of costs
Let me know if you need any other resources! Today, dear readers, we fight the Battle of Ignorance Bay on Facebook.